WIREMATIC TRUTORQ ACTUATORS: TYPE E.
The basic design of Trutorq actuators are of quarter turn double rack and pinion.
Unique features of the actuator are:
- The spring encapsulation, no special tools required to change DA to SR, same overall dimensions remain the same for both types.
- The dual encapsulated wear pads "POM" on the piston prevent metal to metal contact between piston and cylinder wall.
- The piston racks each have an encapsulated support "GUIDE BAR" which rolls against the drive shaft and thus relieves any side loading which reduces pinion & rack wear.
- Triple shaft bearing system to prevent any adverse loading on the driveshaft.
- Piston back-up bearings, which are situated behind the pistons ‘o’ ring to ensure linear movement and prevent wear on the cylinder surface.
- Integral body adaptor kit, which is interchangeable with a wide range of valves for direct mounting by using an interchangeable insert sleeve, which is retained by a Circlip.
- Dual end stop adjustments, located outside of the pressurised cylinder, which are integral to the body adaptor and operate in conjunction with the machined cam on the single piece driveshaft.
TWIN GUIDE BARS
Unique twin guide bar absorbs adverse side loading from rack at the start of each stroke and
maintains even engagement between rack and pinion for smooth operation.
BACK UP BEARING
Increases life span of the piston 'O' seal and improves "reduces" friction travel. (PAT.#6,173,965)
DRIVESHAFT AND CAM
The shaft and adjustment cam are machined from solid bar material. The cam mechanism allows
for 2.5 deg. overtravel in both directions. The inner depth of the driveshaft allows for total engagement
of any valve shaft height for direct mount. (PAT.#6,598,511)
BODY ADAPTOR KIT AND STOP ADJUSTMENTS
Recessed into the actuator’s main body, the "B.A.K." is drilled in accordance to DIN/ISO standards
or Valve Topworks PCD, for direct mounting options. (PAT.#6,612,219)
The "B.A.K." is also fitted with our unique open and closed stop end adjustment and locking screws.
This being external to actuator pressure complies to future P.E.D. directives.
(PAT#6,612,220, PAT.#6,568,422/#6,655,256 #6,604,448/#6,446,539)
Manufactured from stainless steel bar, it can be rotated for cross and parallel mounting and suit most
valve shafts. The insert is held inside the driveshaft by means of a circlip.
TRIPLE SHAFT BEARINGS
Eliminates metal to metal contact and absorbs the impact load on the stop cam drive mechanism.
The dual encapsulated "POM" wear pads absorb the adverse side loading at start of each stroke.
The four off encapsulated "POM" wear pads also ensure no metal to metal contact thus providing low
Type E Sizes 8, 12, 20, 35, 55, 70, 100 & 150